Website Reliability and even Fraud Cures.
E-commerce sites must have high quantities of security and fraud prevention while still providing a positive customer experience. This becomes increasingly important when clients are buying digital gift cards or expensive items that will ship immediately. Businesses must discover ways to prevent fraud and put systems set up to safeguard the business from losing profits by providing safe and effective tools to decrease loss and increase customer safety.
1. User Registration: Require users to join up for an account and collect important information such as for example their address, telephone number, complete name and inquire further to store credit card information on the website.
2. IP Address Monitoring: Keep a blacklist and whitelist of known malicious and safe IP addresses. 파워사다리 When an IP comes through to a blacklist, require a call with the consumer to verify the info in the order and be sure that the order is legitimate.
3. Suspicious Activity: If your customer places a small order and then comes home later in the afternoon to place a bigger order, be sure that this isn’t a scam to check on if a credit card works. Rather than declining the order, call the consumer to verify the order and collect information needed to verify their identity.
4. Unusual Orders: If the consumer comes with an account and they normally purchase significantly less than $50 worth of merchandise, take a supplementary day to ship the item if large and erratic orders suddenly come through. Twenty-four hours usually provides the full time for a person to report a lost or stolen credit card, and this protects the business from fraud.
5. Security Holes: Make sure that the website ordering process doesn’t have any security holes that enable an individual to enter incorrect information. For instance, require the CVN code and expiration date to complement the credit card number used. If a credit card number gets lost or stolen but the holder maintains the physical card, these numbers aren’t typically readily available.
6. Application Updates: Keep your applications up-to-date and fix all software security holes immediately. If you should be utilizing a commercial shopping cart application solution, be sure that you subscribe to updates and fix any software holes as updates become available.
7. Identity Verification: Use advanced real-time credit card authentication methods provided by a third-party service to ensure all credit cards processed are legitimate. If the card holder participates in a verification program, make those programs available on the site so the card holder must use additional security measures to place their orders.
8. Reporting Criminal Activity: Inform you on the site that criminal activity gets reported to the FBI. It will help customers feel more secure and may thwart a criminal from attempting to use stolen financial information in your site.
9. Detecting Proxies and VPNs: Have a method in place to detect when customers relate solely to a VPN or proxy. VPNs and proxies mask the true IP address, which prevents the business from determining if the consumer is legitimate.
10. Payer Authentication: Store sensitive customer information in a safe format and only collect customer information when utilizing a highly secure SSL certificate.